Prepare (do before class)
- Tufte, Envisioning Information
- S. Bateman, et al, “Useful Junk? The Effects of Visual Embellishment on Comprehension and Memorability of Charts”, Proceedings of CHI ’10, April 2010, pp. 2573-2582.
- M. Borkin, et al, “What Makes a Visualization Memorable?”, IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 19, No. 12, Dec. 2013, pp. 2306-2315.
- Tufte’s website
- Why charts should have a zero baseline
- Circle width versus area
- Junk charts
- Obama likes Tufte
- Nigel Holmes website
- Most misleading charts of 2015 by quartz.com