Prepare (do before class)
- M. Brehmer and T. Munzner, “A Multi-Level Typology of Abstract Visualization Tasks”, IEEE Trans. on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 19, No. 12, Dec. 2013, pp. 2376-2385.
- R. Amar, J. Eagan, and J. Stasko, “Low Level Components of Analytic Activity in Information Visualization”, Proc. of IEEE InfoVis ’05, Oct. 2005, pp. 111-117.
- R. Amar and J. Stasko, “Knowledge Precepts for Design and Evaluation of Information Visualizations,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 11, No. 4, July/August 2005, pp. 432-442.
- J. Heer and B. Shneiderman. “Interactive dynamics for visual analysis.” Communications of the ACM, Vol. 55, No. 4, April 2012), pp. 45-54.
- M. Sedlmair, M. Meyer, T. Munzner, “Design Study Methodology: Reflections from the Trenches and Stacks”, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Vol. 18, No. 12, Dec. 2012, pp. 2431-2440.
- B. Shneiderman, “The Eyes Have It: A Task by Data Type Taxonomy for Information Visualizations.” Proc. 1996 IEEE Visual Languages, Sept. 1996, pp. 336-343.
- E. Valiati, M. Pimenta, C. Freitas, “A Taxonomy of Tasks for Guiding the Evaluation of Multidimensional Visualizations”, Proc. of BELIV ’06, May 2006, pp. 1-6.